Quality Care for Your Pets This Holiday Season
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting serving: Montgomery County, Gaithersburg, Potomac, North Potomac, Rockville, Bethesda, Germantown, Clarksburg, MD
Wow! The summer has seemingly flown by and before we know it, the holiday season will be in full swing! Now is the perfect time to get your pet prepared for your holiday travel plans. Here’s the inside scoop on how to prepare your furriest family members for the mixing and mingling of the holiday season.
- Find a pet sitter with a team you can trust. Your pet sitter should be someone who is reliable, insured, has glowing references and a back-up plan incase of an emergency. No one wants to rush home from an out of town Thanksgiving dinner because their sitter fell through.
- Book a few drop-in visits or some walks if you’re booking with a pet sitter for the first time. This ensures that your pet will be familiar with their sitter and they will have less stress when you are away.
- Make a list of behaviors that your sitter should be aware of, likes and dislikes and make note of things such as their bedtime rituals so that your sitter can replicate them and make your fur baby feel as comfortable as possible!
- Call your veterinarian to tell them that your pet will be in the care of a sitter and let them know your sitter’s full name so that they can be allowed to authorize any emergency medical care. Put a credit card on file with your veterinarian if possible.
- Make sure to update your emergency contact info in case you cannot be reached. It is also helpful to send your sitter a basic itinerary with flight times and numbers, hotel names, etc.
If you need a sitter, Outward Bound Hounds is here to help and we hope you enjoy your holiday season!Get Started